Senior iOS Engineer (Remote within the UK)
Chip Financial Ltd
Posted 1 month ago
We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. In fact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We’re growing fast, and we have some very exciting plans. So we need a Senior iOS Engineer to help us make them happen.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
As a Senior Developer, you'll be at the core of iOS delivery at Chip. You specialise in iOS but use your much broader technical experience to help steer the team.
You'll be working with one of the fastest growing fintechs, helping us define how we use mobile to drive our business and help make saving effortless for millions. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your less experienced teammates to step up to the challenges. At a senior level, your responsibility reaches beyond writing code. Your iOS teammates will naturally look to you for on-the-job coaching and broader career advice.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Design, build and ship features for our iOS application from inception to release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver a high quality product.
- Working across the engineering team to help shape the products roadmap.
- Build reusable tools to enhance our development practices.
- Owning large architectural changes to the codebase.
- Being seen as a point of contact to other areas of the business and can communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're a passionate and self-motivated developer.
- You've built an iOS application that's on the App Store.
- Strong working knowledge Swift.
- You are committed to writing high quality, testable code.
- You love collaborating as an Agile team.
- Solid understanding of the mobile development lifecycle.
- Have experience in mentoring other developers and delegating appropriate tasks
It'd be fantastic if:
- You have a good understanding of building modular applications using Cocoa Touch Frameworks.
- Good understanding of MVVM and other iOS architectures.
- Good understanding of continuous integration and delivery of mobile apps.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current mobile team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £60,000 - £65,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- Company laptop
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Phone interview with our iOS Squad Lead
- Short take home test
- Final interview with the team
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.