PD Seasonal Associate/Fellow
Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK-12, is seeking Eureka Math PD Seasonal Associates and Fellows to join our mission-drive team of professionals. Educators from all implementation contexts are encouraged to apply.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Eureka Math PD Seasonal Associates will:
- Develop and maintain expertise in specified selections from the catalog of Eureka Math PD offerings within a given grade band (PK-K, K-5, 6-8, or 9-12).
- Engage in a paid, virtual training process from January 15 - May 1.
- Deliver an estimated 10 days of virtual or on-site* professional development throughout Summer 2021, as assigned by Eureka Math PD Services.
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
- Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math / EngageNY
- Experience delivering professional development
- Education and other relevant experience
- First and last date of summer availability
- Strong, consistent internet bandwidth
- Access to a quiet space for delivering professional development
- Familiarity with virtual platforms, such as Zoom and Canvas
- Engagement throughout virtual training process from January 15 – May 1
- Willingness to travel within the continental US*
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Mathematics or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
- 1+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level
- Experience teaching or delivering professional development in a virtual setting
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional development session
- Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development
- Deliver virtual or on-site* professional development as part of a job-share agreement between their local district and Great Minds for the 2021-2022 school year.
- In your cover letter, please indicate that your interest in becoming a Fellow, along with anticipated district approval for participating in the job-share experience during the school year. You can also opt into the Fellows program throughout the application and training process.
All application materials must be received by Tuesday December 1.
*Great Minds is not currently offering on-site professional development due to public health circumstances. As circumstances improve, we will begin to offer these services again. At that point, we anticipate that both virtual and on-site professional development will be options for our Eureka Math customers and for our seasonal PD staff.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.