Payroll & AP Accountant
Posted 1 month ago
About Reciprocity! Reciprocity is shaping the future of Information Security with our modern SaaS approach to enable easy risk, audit and security relationship management. The market is growing fast and will be a $1T market by 2025. With our great product, 100s of brand-name customers, solid funding, and our impressive exec team, we have the confidence to be a software juggernaut for years to come. Exciting companies share a common set of traits: large growing markets, disruptive technologies, kick-A teams, and a focus on a future state that’s infinitely better than the current state. If this excites you, look no further. Our collaborative team is comprised of smart and driven people with diverse interests. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly, striking a healthy work-life balance, and cultivating an open and supportive working environment. We are headquartered in a spacious and bright financial district SF and have an office in beautiful Ljubljana, Slovenia. If you’re mission-driven, excited to solve tough problems, care deeply about values, and are a strong team player, keep reading and hopefully, you can jump on this rocketship with us.
The Payroll and Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for the company's full-cycle Payroll and A/P process. Responsibilities include Payroll administration and accounting (this is more than 50% of the role), including related 401K contribution management, AP related account reconciliations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Daily activities include semi-monthly payroll for both hourly and exempt employees, processing of invoices, expense reports, and other accounts payable items, weekly check/ACH run processing and Payroll and AP accounts reconciliations.
Here is what you will get to do:
- You will be directly responsible for all payroll for our US-based employees. You will work closely with the HR Manager and Lead Company Accountant
- Payroll benefits management, ensuring employee benefits are calculated and paid out according to company policies, including 401K contribution management with Betterment, our 401K vendor
- Leading monthly and quarterly approvals for variable compensation plans as per payroll processing deadlines
- Payroll system (Paylocity) management - maintaining data integrity within the system and troubleshoot system errors when they occur to maintain system functionality and integrity.
- Review in a timely manner vendor invoices and obtain approvals as required
- Manage all invoices in the Bill.com - proper matching, coding, approval routing, and distribution to expenses, prepaid schedule or other capitalization schedules
- Payment of approved invoices through bill.com, veem, credit cards, and other payment systems
- Onboarding new vendors into vendor payment systems
- Auditing of A/P invoices to ensure accuracy as well as AP system (Bill.com) management - maintaining data integrity within the system and troubleshoot system errors when they occur to maintain system functionality and integrity.
- Directly responsible for Finance approval of expense reimbursements through Abacus
- Corporate credit card program management - assigning and closing company cards to authorized employees as needed, and monthly reconciliation
- Expense Systems (Abacus) management - maintaining data integrity within the system and troubleshoot system errors when they occur to maintain system functionality and integrity.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of expenses, vendor bills, and Accounts Payable and Prepaid sub-ledger to GL
- Contribute and work on the monthly close process
- Preparation of tax forms
- Associate Degree in Accounting highly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Payroll and Accounts Payable processing required
- Experience working in a fast-paced tech environment
- Ability to organize and maintain attention to details without compromising efficiency
- Ability to make decisions, problem-solve, and work independently
- Ability to keep organized records and good documentation skills
- Must have good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in spreadsheets, Quickbooks, etc
Benefits - Competitive salary and stock options - Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, commuter, gym membership, etc.) - Flexible and unlimited PTO - Lunches and great coworkers - Headquarters in the Financial District in San Francisco and an additional office in beautiful Ljubljana, Slovenia Equal Employment Opportunity Statement We value a diverse environment. Reciprocity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.