Senior Frontend Developer - Remote
Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 150 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
About the Job:
We have established products that already have product-market fit where you’ll help to grow the business and stay up to date with market demands. At the same time, you’ll be working to iterate quickly on testing new opportunities to help determine which are worth continued investment. We’re a data driven team that defines success by business result rather than completion of a task. Finally, you’ll excel in this role as an independent thinker that can always find a way to move projects forward, even if you might be the only team member online at that time.
About the team:
The Platform team consists of several frontend and backend developers that work together designing, building and maintaining our customer facing application and tools to make the world a better place for web crawler developers. We’re a team that values collaboration and helping each other. We meet consistently to discuss problems and brainstorm solutions. We maintain quality through collaborative development and code-review, and everybody’s ideas about development and architecture are welcome. We have an open forum where everyone can express themselves. We also value trust. We are trusted as developers and we take responsibility and ownership for the work we do. We have the flexibility to organise our work and the freedom to choose the tools we like most.
In your role as a senior frontend developer on the platform team you will join us in designing and developing our customer facing application. In your daily activities you will be expected to:
- Take ownership of projects, and independently drive them from prototype to completion
- Build composable, reusable components for our complex SPA
- Relentlessly strive to build easy to maintain systems via refactoring
- Be proactive in bringing forth new ideas and solutions to problems
- Be a strong team player and share knowledge freely and easily with your co-workers
- In depth experience with the Angular (2+) framework
- Familiarity with Redux style state management, preferably NgRx
- Experience with reactive programming and composing Observables using RxJS
- Love continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Experience with another modern client-side framework such as React, Ember, or Vue
- Layout using modern CSS features like flexbox and grid
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (SCSS preferred)
- Knowledge about browser performance optimization and developing web applications with browser performance in mind
- Websockets and service worker experience
- Experience developing large and complex SPA
- Experience with UX in a data-driven application
- Experience working with the Python language and Python backend development
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe (virtually for now).
Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
35 days paid holidays
Enrol in Scrapinghub's Share Option Programme