Vice President of Human Resources
Santa Monica, CA or Remote
Posted 1 month ago
We’re looking for an execution-focused strategic leader to own all people functions at ReCharge. In this role you will oversee talent acquisition, human resources, employee learning and development, compensation and performance management; and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will – in partnership with executives – develop comprehensive strategies for talent acquisition, employee experience, development and retention. Your work hiring, supporting and developing ReCharge employees will directly enable us to achieve our mission to connect and empower the world through payments. This role will report directly to the COO.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Assess, align and build the HR team to support business goals and objectives.
- Partner with the department heads to consistently hire the best talent as the company scales.
- Educate, advise and influence business leaders on organizational design, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management.
- Ensure cultural consistency as ReCharge grows and scales and set-up infrastructure to manage change through integrations.
- Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, attrition and turnover, etc., and establish recommendations for improvements or enhancements based on data analysis.
- Partner with the CFO and manage cost centers for people as a high component of company spend.
- Set strategy for our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, and ensure the organization is equipped to execute on this strategy effectively.
- Innovate on HR planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for filling these gaps.
- Drive a culture that rewards, promotes and encourages high performance throughout the organization.
- Thoughtfully balance short and long-term objectives while employing a bias for action.
What You’ll Bring
The ideal candidate will be a strategic business leader with a passion around people. They will be an innovative thinker and culture creator. The successful candidate will possess a key understanding of organizational dynamics while being an exceptional communicator. They will be highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with all functions and build strong relationships across the organization by being a diplomatic and effective influencer.
- 10-12+ years of experience in the People field, with significant experience in talent acquisition, human resources and scaling an organization
- Best in class HR leadership experience and the ability to view the organization from a broad business perspective
- Execution-focused hands-on leader with the ability to integrate with a professional team in a fast paced, dynamic and outcomes driven environment
- Proven experience scaling or being a leader in a HR organization that grew a team from 250 to 500+
- A demonstrated track record of utilizing metrics and analytics to inform and influence decisions
- Demonstrated success translating organizational strategy into talent priorities and quickly developing and executing plans to meet organization-wide objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and expertise in growing and developing employees
- Proven ability to move fast and think big while leading an organization through change
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative and critical thinking skills
- High intellectual horsepower - smart and insightful, with high emotional intelligence
- SHRM or SPHR certification
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.