Sr. UX Researcher
Posted 1 month ago
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Our Design team is endlessly curious about people and their behavior and we’re looking to support that curiosity with a like-minded UX Researcher. We’re hoping you have an analytical mind that gives you the ability to organize our research and uncover patterns in our users behavior along the way.
We are always searching for meaning in our studies, interviews and data and are looking for someone to help us scale all of these efforts in a way that can be utilized by our entire organization.
There are definitely going to be a lot of opportunities to share your knowledge with team members, cross-functional teams, leadership and the company as a whole so we are hoping you’re comfortable with a crowd and have proven presentation skills.
We know great products come from great teams so we are looking for a team player, someone willing to field questions from curious designers and product owners and also consistent in sharing uncovered opportunities to help us all succeed.
What You’ll Do
- You'll independently plan and lead research end-to-end, including generative and evaluative research, across various levels and products. You'll choose methods and processes that lead to sound decision-making in fast-paced environment, including blending & interpreting information across a mix of available data sources, and helping to collect additional data where needed
- You'll clearly communicate, advocate for, and spread research results to the right people at the right time and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that inform execution
- You will work closely with the product team to identify which research topics are meaningful and drive impact for time commitment, and explore those within our collective constraints to contribute to our company strategy
- It will be important for you to maintain knowledge of our products and product space and understand the company goals and how your research can support those goals
- You would be charged with maintaining and scaling qualitative research tools and seeking out gaps in tooling and process, proposing and implementing improvements so we can all work more efficiently
- You will help scale an educational program demonstrating, explaining, and coaching UX designers on how to apply a range of research methods and best practices
- You will also support Customer Success in establishing, nurturing, and scaling a research partner program/advisory panel with our top customers. You will ensure that their voices are heard during major product investments and that their thoughts are shared externally when Lattice delivers value for them.
What the Role Requires
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with a wide range of testing/research/data collection tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, hardworking, and casual environment
- Endless growth opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.