Lead Architect-Data Architecture
Remote United States East
Posted 1 month ago
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
The Architecture team is responsible for providing architecture services for the sole purpose of helping development teams continuously deliver solutions that provide value to our customers. We are an organization that values diverse and big thinking, rewards both behaviors and delivery, and focuses on growth and continuous improvement – all in support of CloudBees mission to help our customers build software that matters. This role is an outstanding opportunity to join a team and company at the beginning of a multi-year platform expansion whose work will have direct impact on company direction, our customers, and the CICD industry.
Why This Role:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Data Architect to join CloudBees Architecture team. The role will be responsible for crafting CloudBees technology strategy and implementing data platforms with capabilities to enable innovation and accelerated product delivery. You’ll drive design, engineering, reuse, and application of patterns for the architectures that comprise our cloud solutions. Relying on continuous feedback, you will foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared technical vision that fuel solution development at CloudBees for years to come.
With a thorough understanding of data architecture, this individual can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives. The Architecture department at CloudBees is the highest tier of technical expertise within the organization, and covers multiple technical disciplines, such as: systems & networking infrastructure, DevOps, security, business applications, and data architecture. This position requires an extremely high level of analytical problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve complex technology issues in addition to superlative process management and communication skills. This position is an expert engineer making architectural decisions that impact the entire CloudBees Product Suite.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of our data capabilities to evolve our products, working directly with Agile teams to implement them.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of our solution to maintain technical alignment for our products.
- Design and implement scalable data architectures leveraging emerging technologies and data access patterns for multiple analytical and operational workloads across on-premise and Cloud based platforms.
- Establish and share our vision, roadmap, implementation, NFRs, and product demo activities for our data capabilities.
- Work with suppliers and do investment advocacy, making sure the technical characteristics for supplier-delivered capabilities are understood and assisting with the architectural integration of these concerns.
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines for data security, data privacy, data governance, metadata management, multi-tenancy and mixed workload management.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process through collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies.
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with the solution context.
- Engage in pre- and post-increment planning, System and Solution Demos, and solution release events.
What We’re Looking For:
- An expert Software Data Architect experience making architectural decisions that impact product portfolios.
- Certifications such as AWS Solution Architect, Database, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics, and Microsoft Systems Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of data integration patterns and technologies.
- Experience with and knowledge with structured and unstructured data and transactional and analytical solutions.
- Advanced knowledge and deep experience with data technologies across Big Data, RDBMS, and NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
- Advanced knowledge on AI, Blockchain and BigData.
- Experience with datacenter migrations, infrastructure implementations and project definitions ( Advising on path to cloud).
- Experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, React, Kafka, GraphQL, Java, Go, Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL and Cloud Storage, and DataDog.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and SaaSOps.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability and willingness to grow alongside our organization by learning new technologies and languages.
- Looking for a firm with a good culture and ready to make a big impact
- Open to relocation post-Covid
What You'll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Industry Certifications
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.