Remote (US or Canada)
The Role As Bevy's first dedicated data scientist, you will help set the tone for future data and insights work at Bevy. You will drive devising new algorithms to produce insights based on rich event and community data sets. You will work with your team productize those insights and make actionable analytics available. About Bevy Bevy is an early-stage startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research. Day to Day Responsibilities
- Driving forward of analytics and insights capabilities of the Bevy platform
- Implementation of novel algorithms to increase understanding of community and event data
- Cross-functional collaboration with engineering and non-engineering teams around data and and analytics needs
- Visualize and present data-driven insights to diverse audiences
- Educate and mentor on data science to help everyone level up to become more data-driven
- At minimum BS or substantial coursework in Applied Math, Statistics, Quantitative Science or similar.
- Demonstrated track record implementing data-driven solutions with large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with standard business intelligence systems
- Proficiency with common SQL and NoSQL data storage and retrieval
- Experience implementing practical solutions using standard tools, such as Python or R.
- You like solving interesting, hard problems and communicating the results in accessible ways.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
Job tags: Cross-functional Data-driven Mentor MongoDB NoSQL Python R Research SaaS Salesforce SAP SQL Statistics Training