Sr. Statutory Accountant
Posted 1 month ago
Sr. Statutory Accountant
Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is now seeking a Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for planning and executing initiatives to support market awareness of the States Title solution. You will be responsible for driving growth and adoption efforts as the solutions footprint capabilities increase.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
In accordance with company objectives and guidelines, reporting practices, controls and procedures which conform to accepted accounting principles and reflects operating costs, budgets and profitability. Preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory/statutory filings, preparation of GAAP financials, regional/field communication, financial analysis, operational and business analysis, development of annual budget, preparation of monthly forecasts, participate with cross-functional teams on special projects, etc.
- Utilizes generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP)
- Conversion of GAAP to STAT financials
- Preparation of Tax Provisions under STAT to Tax Basis
- Premium Tax Preparation and or review.
- Statistical Reporting to multiple states
- Reconciliation of Claims
- Reconciliation of Revenue
- Preparation on various actuarial report workpapers
- Miscellaneous filings in 40 states.
- Analyzes financial data.
- Produces regular and requested financial and/or management reports.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepares regulatory filings.
- Statutory reporting.
- Insurance Commissioner reporting.
- Prepares operational and business analysis.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Prepares monthly forecasts.
- Prepares regional field communications.
- Works with cross-functional teams on special projects.
- Assistance with multiple State Audits as well as external and internal audits
Required Skills & Experience
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Five years accounting experience.
- External reporting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Strong financial analysis experience.
- Regulatory compliance experience required.
- Statutory compliance experience helpful.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.