Third Party Risk Manager
We’re looking for a third party risk manager to identify, highlight and manage risks that emerge when we work with Third Parties at Monzo. We’re a technology led organisation so you’ll be primarily focused on Operational, Information Security and Business Continuity risks within our supply chain. You will work with internal teams on projects that involve new or existing suppliers and partners. This is a role where you can take the foundations that have been established and help shape the future state.
Working as part of the Vendor Management team you will be responsible for delivering and improving our Third Party governance framework. Day to day activities will include liaising with the team and Business Owners to make sure supplier performance is regularly reviewed and any risks identified are mitigated. You will be supporting the completion of detailed risk assessments of our most critical suppliers and be in charge of tracking remediation plans and reporting information to relevant stakeholders and committees. In addition you’ll support on a number of projects including audit findings and business change programmes.
Working collaboratively across a number of different teams you’ll see the breadth and depth of work that we do at Monzo whilst focusing on Risk Management and Operational Resilience, ensuring that we deliver an amazing experience to our customers and internal teams.
Your key responsibilities
- Be the go to person at Monzo for managing Third Party Risk within our Supply Chain
- Work closely with the business to identify, assess, and document third party relationships including the regular review of vendors including critical outsourcing arrangements
- Undertake risk reviews and ensure that any third party risks identified are owned and managed
- Be part of the team that helps onboard new Third Parties at Monzo
- Own the implementation of robust Third Party controls and monitor arrangements on an ongoing basis
- Support, educate and train the business on best practice for designing and implementing controls
- Work with Business Owners to ensure they are compliant with our Policies
- Work with the Vendor Management team to support continuous improvement of the entire vendor lifecycle
- Work with our Information Security, Technology Risk teams to agree strategy and deliverables for our Third Party Risk roadmap
- Document procedures and policies
- Develop and use data to help support continuous improvement, performance and risk metrics
- Stay up to date with industry Regulations and Guidelines
You should apply if you have the following skills
- Experience of Operational/Technology Risk Management with a focus on third parties
- Supplier Management lifecycle and associated reporting
- Knowledge of Vendor/Supplier management systems
- Working knowledge of GDPR, associated risk management and mitigation
- Experience of working with Cloud Technology/Vendors
- Good understanding of regulations governing outsourcing in banking and financial services such as those produced by the EBA, FCA (SYSC), and the upcoming consultation paper by the PRA
- Solid domain knowledge of information security and cyber risk
- Experience of desk and site based audits
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 on-site interviews remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.