Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our fast-paced, high growth company. This individual will be responsible for running the financial close process and will be integral in improving our close timelines and processes. The ideal candidate is experienced in operational accounting who can juggle multiple priorities and work proactively to drive results and meet our objectives. You will be expected to manage the daily operations of the general accounting team located in the US. The ideal candidate will have a high level of organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to successfully work cross-functionally across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the US GL team including optimization of processes and close timelines.
- Review and analyze the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends objectives, policies, and procedures to management.
- Lead the coordination of all internal and external audits including the resolution of open comments and findings.
- Lead or assist with accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key financial systems, internal controls, process efficiency, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations.
- Manage, develop, and mentor direct reporting personnel.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance including design of internal controls, evaluation, testing and remediation.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects and analysis.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license a plus
- 5+ years of Accounting experience, with experience in public accounting preferred
- Experience with Netsuite or another large ERP systems a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present in group meetings
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to set up and organize data in a clean format that is easy to update and roll forward
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.