Student Support Representative, Chat
Mountain View, Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few. Udacity has the potential to transform the world at large scale by providing the life-long learners an opportunity to re-skill or upskill them in future bleeding edge skills and create a meaningful impact in professional and personal lives. We are similarly, helping the enterprises solve the talent shortage issue by being their partner of choice in transforming their workforce while they embark on digital transformation journey. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing... read on!
We're looking for candidates who are passionate about education and want to work directly with our students. As a Student Support Representative you'll often be students' first interaction with Udacity staff. You'll become a Udacity expert to assist our students with any questions or problems they may have. From questions about which course to take to giving instructions on how to earn a certificate, you'll be playing a huge role in shaping the student experience. If you love working with people, have a positive attitude, and like solving problems, we're looking for you!
About the Student Support Team
We're a team that's centered around communications and operations. We make sure our students get the information and support they need to have an amazing experience with us. From answering emails to fixing bugs, our team does a plethora of functions to keep things running smoothly.
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Resolve student concerns by determining the cause of the problem and working with others to offer a solution
- Make recommendations based on a student's interests and history
- Collect feedback and make recommendations for improvements and changes
- Be a strong advocate for Udacity students and the company vision
- Open to working in weekends
What we value:
- At least 1-3 years of working in customer service
- Must have experience in communicating with customers on phone, email, and chat. (Experience with providing service via SMS is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility in using, or learning to use, different methods for tracking and conveying information, such as Zendesk, Google docs, online chat programs and email
- Empathetic, patient, and compassionate
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.