San Francisco or US
Posted 1 month ago
At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $98M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~48% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the Position
Netlify is looking for a multifaceted IT Engineer who will assist in operating and securing our growing IT operations and capability. This position will have a company-wide impact as you support various departments, including Security, Engineering, and People teams, and provide a unique opportunity to develop solutions that are scalable, reliable, and resilient.
About the Team
Our corporate IT function falls under our security team and reports up to the Office of the CTO. We're a growing, world-class team set out on a journey to help secure our platform and organization and are looking for this founding member to help us lead the way of formalizing our corporate IT functions.
What you will do:
- Deploy and support single-sign-on (SSO) integrations with various cloud service providers
- Manage the company mobile device management (MDM) service
- Develop and implement IT processes that may impact our operations, such as onboarding, offboarding and access management.
- Own the full lifecycle of of IT vendor management
- Provide company-wide technical support
- Partner with the Security team to further strengthen our Corporate IT security posture
- Own the corporate office network and hardware (when we return to the office)
What you will bring:
- Experience with various SSO services and integration
- Experience with endpoint solutions for various operating systems
- Proficient in networking technologies and supporting Windows, OSX and Linux systems
- Exposure to corporate IT security processes and technologies
- Exposure working in an environment that is required to meet various compliance frameworks such as SOC 2, GDPR and CCPA
- A demonstrated ability to empathize, collaborate and communicate across teams
- Ability to work across multiple time zones with remote colleagues
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about the business, how the ecosystem works, what processes we use, and where we're headed
- Get to know the security team and your product and engineering peers
- Wrap your head around ongoing mission-critical initiatives and beginning to gain a robust understanding of our vendors and systems that support our platform and corporate IT
- Obtain ownership of corporate IT systems, such as GSuite, Zoom and Office
Within 2 months, you'll:
- Investigate our gaps and identify opportunities for improvement to create the foundational plan around how to tackle various projects
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to chip away at our various MDM & SSO initiatives
- Build bridges with your peers by establishing strong async communication rhythms, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress
- Deliver on your first support project work and making a positive impact on how we offboard and onboard team members
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Be a trusted contributor within the IT support and security functions
- Partner with your internal customers to support tickets and work on broader project-based work such as leveling up phishing campaign strategies
- Have a solid understanding of of our IT program functions and feel confident in your ability to troubleshoot most common issues
- Continue to build out a robust foundation for the corporate IT program here at Netlify
Our main office is located in the Dogpatch district in San Francisco, CA, and about 60% of us work remotely. Employees in the San Francisco area work from home two days per week. Applicants working in timezones within +/- 3 hours from PST preferred.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy the role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.