Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Remote - U.S.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to develop automated tests to ensure product quality.
SDET responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions along the defect life cycle across Splice offerings (Web, Desktop, Mobile aspects of our Platform).
We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Why Splice Quality Team?
You will be instrumental in the creation and extension of test automation, testing tooling in our CI/CD pipeline, and observability tooling for the wider organization, introspecting on build quality. This is an exciting time to make big impacts and positive change in a growing QA organization. If you have an SDET background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Design, develop, execute, and extend test automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Continually add, refine, improve quality observability tooling in our CI/CD pipeline
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Experience using tools like ClubHouse, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
- Implement quality assurance metrics tooling within a CI pipeline (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts, test coverage)
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Educate the larger organization in modern testing methodology, techniques
- 5+ years in an SDET or related role
- Proficiency in SQL scripting (MySQL preferred)
- Proficiency in Object-oriented design, design patterns
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with writing clear, concise, and comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Experience designing and writing test cases and as well as producing corollary test automation
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Fastlane
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with the following tools/languages: Cucumber, Selenium, Ruby, TypeScript
- Experience with performance, load, and security testing
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.