Senior Software Engineer - Engagement Intelligence
Remote - Global
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy and operate services at scale to power Twilio’s next generation products! You think about how data shapes software as much as how your code does. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you! You have a keen sense of how data streams should be managed and how data should be organized. You have experience working with key-value, document and relational data stores. You have demonstrated ability building large distributed systems with high reliability and scalability.
As a key member of a collaborative and growing team, you will help shape the core of the product. You can expect to
- Design, implement and operate REST APIs for Twilio products.
- Design, bootstrap and scale highly available and resilient JVM microservices and applications. Experience in Java (8 and above) and Python.
- Define and implement tight integrations with other Twilio products and third party APIs.
- Setup and operate high throughput data pipelines to power the product, using technologies like Kafka and Spark.
- Define schemas for various types of data, setup appropriate data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis) and operate them at scale.
- Direct experience with cloud based services (using AWS).
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal partners.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and reaching agreement terms.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We have remote-friendly environment, you will have flexible working hours, etc. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We are a team that believes in remote working and remote-friendly practices, and we are distributed across three continents. This position can be located in the EU, either remote or (post-COVID) in one of Twilio's offices. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, political views or activity, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local law. Twilio is committed to supporting our disabled candidates in our job application process. If you need assistance or a change to the hiring process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more Remote work and WFH career opportunities
- Open Recruiter Jobs
- Open Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open Support Engineer Jobs
- Open Project Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Engineer Jobs
- Open Visual Designer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Product Manager Jobs
- Open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Open UX Researcher Jobs
- Open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Open Community Manager Jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Open Account Executive Jobs
- Open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Open UX Designer Jobs
- Open Program Manager Jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open React-related jobs
- Open B2B-related jobs
- Open Data-driven-related jobs
- Open Coaching-related jobs
- Open Customer service-related jobs
- Open UX-related jobs
- Open Backend-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open User Experience-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Integrations-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open HTML-related jobs
- Open CRM-related jobs
- Open Mentoring-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open UI-related jobs
- Open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Open CSS-related jobs
- Open Customer-facing-related jobs
- Open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Open HR-related jobs