Senior DevOps / Cloud Engineer 3 - Serverless and Kubernetes
Remote - Irving, Texas, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Day to Day:
- A key figure within the engineering team
- Work daily on code and problem solve in code (not tickets): 65% hands-on, 35% architecture/R&D/meetings
- Engage in a highly collaborative team environment where your expertise is required to: suggest best options to lay foundations for cloud architecture, scaling, development opportunities, cost savings, and vulnerabilities
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Kickoff new client engagements
- Build enterprise technology solutions and competencies in DevOps, Cloud (serverless environment), API and Container Management improving scale, performance, and stability using Scrum methodology
- Take on work already in-line with projects and deliverables and research new projects (R&D)
Must Have Skills:
- Professional level of English communication
- Ability to communicate technical objectives and solutions clearly to clients while establishing and cultivating a professional relationship
- Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking about business, products, and technical challenges to stakeholders
- Strong expertise developing applications in Serverless Frameworks, API Gateway, S3, SNS, SQS, CircleCI, CloudFront, Lambda
- Very strong hands-on AWS Environment and Serverless Environment
- Advanced hands-on devops automation (containerization, api management, multi cloud solutions)
Nice to have Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification
- Software engineering background (Python/Java) and still be hands on!
- Databases PostgreSQL, MongoDB, GraphQL, Apollo
- Kubernetes – K8’s
- 100% remote, work from home or in a shared We-Work Space
- Competitive salary
- Medical and life benefits
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Bonus payout for each new certification
- Paid for exams and certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Paid online continuing training
- Internal training
- Sophisticated Internal library
- Individual professional development plan
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & cloud community-centric corporate culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider (DevOps-as-a-Service) with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without the corporate headaches.
You will construct and plan joint backlogs, kickoff new client engagements, perform daily tasks, participate in standups, sprint planning/retrospectives, and more. You will be semi-autonomous while managing a busy schedule, meeting deadlines, and setting proper expectations with our clients.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals. Foster an environment of shared learning, promote DevOps principles, and embrace the cultural aspect of the DevOps movement in a team environment.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply.
NOTE: Not able to provide sponsorship.