Technical Support Engineer - Bilingual English & French
Remote - Paris, Île-de-France, France
Posted 8 months ago
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent Support Engineer with exceptional communication and technical skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our live chat support system.
Support at Kinsta is not an afterthought; it is part of the Kinsta DNA and culture to provide world-class support to our customers.
As a Kinsta Support Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Crave knowledge and continue to hone and improve your own technical and non-technical skills.
This role's shift need is Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm UTC (our team uses UTC for scheduling).
The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business, and we have the best support team in the business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're extremely careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different backgrounds and expertise - some of us are Linux systems administrators, others have previously worked as WordPress developers, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service. The underlying shared background amongst us all is our passion for serving our customers.
All of our Support Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Native level fluency in French
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- A strong understanding of and experience with the following technologies: Linux, NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP, DNS, CDN, and caching (object and page).
- Familiar with WordPress: database structure, file/directory structure, wp-config.php directives, and other common WordPress topics. Experience with WP-CLI preferred.
- Consummate professionalism: we're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
While a portion of our Support Team’s work certainly involves WordPress itself, our Scope of Support is centered around the LEMP stack as well as our hosting platform and environment. For this reason, system administration skills will take center stage during the majority of a Support Engineer’s daily activities.
- Prior experience working with customers over live chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment - particularly experience providing live support for web hosting built on a LEMP stack.
This is a fully remote role. The Support Engineer can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access and electrical infrastructure.
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.4, NGINX, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
More Remote work and WFH position highlights
- Explore open Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Senior Product Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Support Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Technical Program Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Technical Recruiter Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Visual Designer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Customer Success Manager Jobs
- Explore open Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Account Executive Jobs
- Explore open QA Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect Jobs
- Explore open Community Manager Jobs
- Explore open Technical Project Manager Jobs
- Explore open Marketing Operations Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clinical Data Manager Jobs
- Explore open Strategic Account Manager Jobs
- Explore open Customer Support Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Back End Java Developer Jobs
- Explore open Content Marketing Manager Jobs
- Explore open Front End Engineer Jobs
- Explore open React-related jobs
- Explore open Competitive salary-related jobs
- Explore open Data-driven-related jobs
- Explore open Coaching-related jobs
- Explore open Backend-related jobs
- Explore open B2B-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Customer service-related jobs
- Explore open UX-related jobs
- Explore open User Experience-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open Azure-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open HTML-related jobs
- Explore open Integrations-related jobs
- Explore open CRM-related jobs
- Explore open Mentoring-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open UI-related jobs
- Explore open Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed systems-related jobs
- Explore open Cloud-based-related jobs
- Explore open CSS-related jobs
- Explore open CI/CD-related jobs
- Explore open HR-related jobs