Engineering Manager, eCommerce
Posted 1 month ago
InfluxDB Cloud is the world’s leading time series database offered as a multi-cloud service, deployed and managed by InfluxData, and running in all three major cloud providers (AWS, GCP and Azure). The ECommerce Team is a growing team of seasoned Elixir and React developers, owning and operating a service to guide users through their entire account lifecycle, from initial onboarding and paid conversion to deactivation and cancellation. We bill our customers on their hourly usage, and have built a sophisticated system atop InfluxDB to charge them either directly or via a cloud marketplace of their choice. As we support new customer types and charge models, we'll expand administrative capabilities, helping users to manage their account and empowering internal stakeholders to solve emergent customer issues without engineering intervention. We also have notable roles to play in business intelligence and analytics, platform identity and session management, and enrichment of the marketing and sales pipeline.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the ECommerce team.
Engineering Management at InfluxData is a multi-faceted and highly valued role. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for people management for your team, mentoring your team members, and hiring additional team members. You will manage the agile process for your team, and communicate about deliverables and schedules. You won’t need to be the architect for your team but you will need to be able to participate in the conversations to help them to make the right technical trade-offs. Additionally, you will play a significant role in shaping our service, working with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Finance, Sales, and Support to define the metrics needed to guide our growing cloud business, and then leading your team to deliver these business intelligence metrics.
This is a great time to join InfluxData. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can guide the team while also helping us figure out how to evolve our organization. We are looking for new perspectives, as each new hire brings a new set of experiences for us to learn from. We are open to your ideas on what you have seen work well. We are looking for a candidate who values supporting and growing their team as much as their own personal achievements, who will bring their experiences to the table, and is willing to experiment and iterate as the company grows. If this sounds like a role for you, we’d love to talk to you.
We currently support employees in the following US States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA. If you are in a state we don't yet support, no worries as we can register there. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- You have experience managing a remote team, using an agile process, and enjoy working remotely.
- You have managed a growing engineering team and have experience in the recruitment life cycle, actively shepherding engineering candidates through the interview process.
- You are excited to work closely with our product and design teams to ensure that what we build matches the needs of our customers, and delivers an amazing user experience.
- You know what traits make up great engineers and understand how to help people gain those skills.
- You have experience working on teams with both internal and external stakeholders, and supporting businesses with strict SLAs.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Bonus points if:
- You are an experienced Elixir developer.
- Experience deploying on, and integrating with AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud environments.
- Experience delivering e-commerce solutions for internal or external customers.
- You have worked at a startup.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.