Business Analyst- Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Louisville, KY or Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position? We are searching for an experienced, brilliant, driven Business Analyst with experience working in a provider, Healthcare IT or consultancy setting. The Business Analyst will serve as a business contact for our clients and is responsible for client satisfaction by building and maintaining lasting relationships and providing best-in-class service, resources and support. You must have hands-on experience implementing or supporting technology solutions preferably in the hospital revenue cycle space, with critical thinking and problem solving skills. As a successful candidate for this Business Analyst role you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to the client and can approach problem-solving challenges independently, with strong attention to detail, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative team-based environment.
Looking for some details?
· Translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions
· Represent Waystar in client meetings regarding new business initiatives and/or changes
· Collaborate with resources to ensure all system design requirements adequately reflect the defined business processes and fully support all components of the functional business requirements
· Researching complex issues and collaborating with engineering teams to determine effective resolutions
· Performing updates and ongoing maintenance to client workflow configurations based on client needs and requirements
· Establishing and executing on test plan for all workflow configurations changes, utilizing Waystar’s internal configuration tools
· Utilizing SQL to pull data elements for ad hoc request, to provide internal reporting metrics and researching potential data issues
· Providing analytical support to Client Success Manager to identify areas of opportunity to drive client performance
· Effectively executes project work plans while retaining the ability to revise plans as dictated by evolving needs and/or requirements
· Participate in identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements, such as automating manual processes that minimize errors and promote scalability
Do you fit our team?
· Bachelor Degree required
· 2+ years of experience in a business analyst within the healthcare software or healthcare consulting environment
· An in-depth subject matter expertise and dedication to remaining current with industry and/or relevant legislative changes and advances within the Healthcare Revenue Cycle sector
· Experience building client relationships, including interacting with all levels of management (both internally and client-focused)
· 1+ Years of experience in SQL or relational databases preferred
· Experience with root cause analysis, including the skill and experience to troubleshoot/investigate and resolve data issues, meet defined SLA's for Waystar’s solutions and make recommendations for system improvements within appropriate time frames.
· Ability to execute and prioritize a large number of tasks, and resolve issues and resource conflicts
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly skilled in Excel
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.