Digital Protection Project Coordinator
NetHope enables humanitarian organizations to better serve individuals and communities in the developing world through smarter use of technology. Working at the intersection of the international NGO sector, private business and technology innovation, NetHope is a Membership organization currently serving over 60 leading humanitarian, development, and conservation organizations around the world. NetHope empowers our Member organizations to collaborate, innovate, and leverage the full potential of information and communications technology to support their work in 190 countries. NetHope and our Members partner with over 50 of the world’s leading technology firms to create innovative solutions to existing and emerging challenges, and to reimagine how technology can improve our world.
NetHope develops programs and services in collaboration with its Members and partners to find solutions to collective problems, and this role is part of the Digital Protection Program on that basis. Nonprofits are under resourced in their cybersecurity, at a time when they are increasingly targeted and threatened. This places the vulnerable people they work with at a higher risk of harm. Working with the NetHope Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO), and other team members, this new role, the Cybersecurity Project Coordinator, will be the first point of contact for the team to Members and other stakeholders.
Cybersecurity Project Coordinator
NetHope is seeking an engaging, experienced, organized, and enthusiastic Project Coordinator in the areas of data and information management, cybersecurity, and digital skills in global nonprofits. The Project Coordinator will provide a coordination layer and a great customer experience to all the stakeholders involved in this ambitious project. You will source content and relevant speakers for the Working Group, help people find resources, source and book trainings and other capacity building opportunities, and facilitate collaboration for this group as we strive to dramatically increase the cyber security capabilities in the NetHope Member nonprofits as well as the wider sector.
Specific responsibilities include:
Digital Protection Program Support and Working Group Lead (50%)
- Lead, facilitate, participate, and develop content for the Data Protection & Information Security Working Groups, including:
- Regularly schedule meetings and build engaging agenda items with the rest of the digital protection team;
- Develop and lead webinars and similar events with the team; and
- Encourage NetHope Members to share knowledge and best practices and coordinate with partners to deliver content based on Members' interests.
- Engage stakeholders, service providers and customers to the project by providing timely and suitable information, and by ideating with them on how they can contribute and engage with the program.
- Work with the team to source, negotiate, and deliver training and capacity building content that furthers the aims of the Digital Protection Program in NetHope.
- Work with the communications team to commission blogs, social media, and other creative assets for the project to and from relevant stakeholders, to encourage and enthuse participants and encourage funding for the NetHope Digital Protection Program.
Project Coordination activities (40%)
- Work with program leads to engage stakeholders to enthuse them about the project, follow leads, and assist with coalition building and fundraising and training activities.
- Help with the setup, curation and maintenance of project and project-tracking information in relevant systems, including tracking the progress, plans, activities, deliverables, and quality of work being performed.
- Help manage relationships with stakeholders, including proactively identifying and driving resolution of any issues and opportunities by involving project leads.
- Work with the team to create automations, common processes, and continuous improvement to NetHope’s project, program management, and service delivery practices.
- Work with the communications team to write and commission blogs, social media, and other creative assets for the project to and from relevant stakeholders, to encourage and enthuse participants and drive the programs goals.
Program Development (10%)
- Use initiative and creativity to help the team identify, design and implement activities in line with the project goals.
- Work with project leads to organize and create stakeholder meetings, communication assets, trainings and other events, and assist with determination of project requirements and activities.
- Assist the SLT and Program Managers in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and deliverable schedules.
- Customer/user-centric/service-delivery mindset, with a focus on making complex subject matters simple, clear and concise to encourage action and engagement by a wide audience.
- A passion for NetHope’s mission and for working collaboratively and nimbly in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly-networked, global environment
- Cultural sensitivity across all aspects of work
- Values and encourages diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Solid judgement including handling of sensitive information
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Excellent at working in a networked & virtual team environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail in a fast-paced working environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing project schedules, deliverables, and budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of cybersecurity and/or data protection in nonprofits
- Ability to use systems to track and report key milestones for projects
- Demonstrated ease of working across functional areas and with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Multilingual verbal and written communication skills a plus
- Group facilitation experience and engaging stage/customer presence, a plus
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies, data and information management, cybersecurity, and/or digital skills in global nonprofits a must.
- Minimum 3 years project coordination or similar equivalent experience in a global nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent work experience
- NetHope Member experience highly valued, other NGO experience a plus
- Experience using project tracking and ticketing software to manage projects and deliverables
- NetHope uses a variety of technology to facilitate our work. You can expect to use Salesforce, Asana, Slack, Miro, Zoom and Microsoft Office extensively. Of course, we will provide orientation to these and others, but a high level of literacy in similar tools is a plus.
Reporting and Working Conditions:
- This is a full-time position that reports to Senior Director of Engagement and works directly with the virtual Chief Information Security Officer, and collaboratively with senior program leads for the Digital Protection Program in NetHope, and subject matter experts for Member and Partner experience.
- NetHope is a virtual organization, so our team, our Members, and our Partners are located around the world. Due to the global nature of the organization, meetings may thus be required at any time of the day to meet with our stakeholders in varying time zones. To meet these needs, NetHope embraces flexible schedules for team members, and we work with each other to be located globally, but still maintain a reasonable work time balance.
- As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds from various locations, and who may have non-traditional work patterns.
- NetHope is a networked team-oriented environment with staff working across functional areas to produce high-quality programs, services, and connections with our Members. We value open communication and believe that a staff working as a team produces the best outcomes.
- This position is 100% remote and virtual. International or domestic travel may be required for one to two NetHope events annually.
Other jobs like this
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Senior Manager/Associate Director (Bangkok Based)Cross-functional Data-driven Excel HR Human Resources People management
Career development Flex vacation Relocation Startup environment
Associate Customer Success Manager - OnboardingAPI CSM Interpersonal skills IT security Point of contact Product management Project Management Recruiting Research Risk management +4
401(k) matching Flex vacation Health care Insurance Startup environment
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs