Senior DevOps Consultant-Professional Services
Remote Belgium or France
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 450 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great ideas, to great software, to great business value.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Consultant, you will be advising our clients on how to overcome problems and inefficiencies with their software development and deployment processes. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting abilities and architectural knowledge to support our clients find an optimum path to getting best value from their investment in CloudBees technology. You will work across customer organizations to ensure clients’ approaches to Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) are well designed and scalable to their needs. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within CloudBees to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
This key role, in our premium consulting services arm, typically involves working at client sites on engagements throughout the region but also involves the delivery of remote engagements, where required. As a domain expert, you will assess clients’ Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery needs and capabilities, make architectural recommendations and help clients onboard CloudBees products. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the CI, CD, and DevOps space with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What You’ll Do
- Understand a variety of enterprise release patterns
- Provide expert advice on all things related to Jenkins, CI, CD, and DevOps
- Assess and make technical recommendations for customers to reach their Continuous Delivery target
- Help customers implement CloudBees products to enable Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery capabilities
- Provide technical thought leadership for organizations and expert advice related to software design, architecture, and tooling as it relates to improving software delivery across the enterprise
- Implement CloudBees automation and tracking tooling to help organizations gain true enterprise wide visibility and automation
- Implement workflows and capabilities to drive towards everything as code
What the Role Requires
- Experience in fast-moving automation release environments using a variety of tools across configuration management, infrastructure orchestration, and IT Service Management
- Deep understanding of enterprise application design, dependencies, as well as working across modern and legacy applications
- Previous consulting professional services experience
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery ecosystems and requirements
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins and other DevOps tool-sets
- Understanding of REST API, SOAP, Perl, Python, Groovy
- Experience with Release Orchestration and Deployment Automation technology
- Competency with application servers, scripting, and network infrastructure
- Understanding of Agile development processes and how organizations adopt and implement those processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of Cloud providers such as AWS,Google and and Azure
- Experience of containers and Kubernetes implementations on major cloud providers and Openshift
- Experience of training or mentoring others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel- 75% (includes both customer and internal related travel)
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.