Business Development Manager
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We are an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Driving Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Upskilling and employment of youth are major priorities for governments and foundations globally, and Udacity is committed to expanding its programs around the world by providing scalable national tech capability building solutions, by bridging the talent gap.We are backed by some of the best-known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few. If you are inspired to be a part of something amazing…. Read on.
Udacity is committed to expanding its programs by providing scalable national tech capability building solutions. Join us on our mission to deliver education and create job opportunities for citizens around the world. Udacity is looking for a team member to lead it’s business development efforts with government entities and foundations in Europe , who have mandates that impact the livelihoods at scale. This role includes mapping the global government landscape for capability building and employment needs, developing Udacity’s strategy to approaching global governments, developing partnerships with them and their entities, conceptualizing and defining the offering based on geographic needs, achieving revenue targets, and setting up a model for implementation in varied markets globally. The role requires strategic and conceptual problem solving, partnership management and team-building capabilities. If you are solution-driven, people-focused and looking to make an impact, we are looking for you!
- Conduct an end-to-end assessment of the government/foundation/NGO landscape in Europe, focused on capability building and career impact
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for global government at Udacity in the United States
- Conceptualize customized versions of the Udacity global government offering to serve the European market
- Set and meet annual revenue targets for Europe government business at Udacity
- Develop direct relationships with senior clients and stakeholders globally
- Define required products/tooling required to service international markets and develop accordingly
- Define and manage required legal configurations, if required, to operate in different states.
- Nurture and maintain relationships with integrity and professionalism
What we Value
- 8+ years experience in end-to-end business development, partnerships, and client management; ideally with explicit revenue targets
- Proven track record managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across geographies
- Comfortable manipulating large sets of data and developing insightful presentations
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to handle senior level stakeholders
- Ability to drive initiatives, execute independently and be resourceful
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage several work streams simultaneously
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Passion for education and opportunity, digital transformation and IT-related projects
- Ability to quickly identify and influence decision makers
- A strong team player who enjoys collaborating, asking for help when necessary and getting things done without an ego
- Willingness to travel within the United States
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.