Junior Software Developer - Full Stack
Remote - British Columbia, Canada
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Software Developer? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 2 internships or one years worth of industry experience to join our amazing product team. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company, you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Writing clean, well organized code while considering reusability, performance, quality and security
- Collaborating with the team to translate business objectives into technical requirements while considering overall strategies
- Understanding of the reasons and desired outcomes for solving problems and building features while collaborating in team discussions
- Debugging issues across teams by helping to identify the root cause, considering and discussing multiple solutions with team members
- Adding abundant testing to bring code coverage to an acceptable standard
- Engaging in two way feedback conversations through pull requests and team discussions
What you’ll come with:
- Clearly communicates ideas, both written and verbally, and seeks to understand others by listening attentively and asking questions for clarification
- Owns the quality of their code and the growth of their career
- Basic understanding of concepts like algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with the Node environment
- Experience with version control tools such as git
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of AWS (RDS, ECS, Lambda etc) with some interest in infrastructure as code
- Experience in SQL/noSQL is a plus
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one.
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians.
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing, or even something in between. But require you to be eligible to work in Canada.
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Our belief on Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is Appealing
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
Our belief on Equity: Pay Parity
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.