UX Designer (remote)
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on November 19, 2020.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for a Designer with experience in creating well-crafted, user-centered products. You will be a co-equal partner on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services. You will influence Ad Hoc programs, your assigned work, and project teammates. You will work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into good design. Your work will impact the lives of millions of people.
Our designers are generalists, each with a wide-range of skills, including (but not limited to!):
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- Information Architecture
- User Research
- Interaction Design
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Design work
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and rough prototypes
- UX flows
- High fidelity prototypes
- Business development materials
What You'll Bring
- Stakeholder engagement
- Presenting work to others
- Design skills
- Comfort with design tools
- Fluency with basic concepts
- Collaboration with others
- Collaboration with engineering team on design solution
- Basic understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Delivering on the full life cycle of a problem
- Receiving mentorship from others
- Aligning discovery process with goals
- Design critiques
- Ability to provide basic feedback on design work
- UI-level critique
- Systems level thinking
- Ability to work with an existing system
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.