Senior Database Engineer (Optional remote)
Athens, Attica, Greece
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast and we want to make sure that we scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands so we’re looking for a Senior Database Engineer to join our remote SRE team and empower our team with their database expertise.
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be responsible for keeping our production database systems running smoothly and efficiently. In particular in collaboration with the SRE team you will:
- Be responsible for the availability, scalability, and performance of our systems.
- Analyze solutions and implement best practices for our main relational and NoSQL database clusters and their components.
- Design, build and maintain core database infrastructure pieces that allow Workable to scale to assist thousands of concurrent users.
- Plan the growth and manage the capacity of database infrastructure.
- Work on the observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our objectives.
- Develop tools and automation of database infrastructure to make operations and deployments simpler and more robust and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Work with peer SREs to roll out changes to our production environment and help mitigate database-related production incidents.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams, and work in a highly cross-functional team with Developers on designing, releasing, and troubleshooting production systems.
- Lead projects within the team and be responsible for their timely delivery.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or a proven strong background)
- Excellent communication skills in English, particularly written communication.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills on large-scale distributed systems
- Work independently and be able to deliver projects on time.
- Passion for cutting-edge cloud technologies and automation
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (operating relational databases in large distributed production environments), including programming experience
- Data modeling and data structure design skills.
- Experience with a major cloud provider (GCP and AWS preferred)
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Have solid knowledge of SQL and the internals of PostgreSQL.
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (preferably Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Bonus: Experience with Kubernetes platform and technology stack
- Bonus: Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, etc.) database systems.
- Bonus: Experience with centralized logging, monitoring systems, and tooling frameworks
Oh, and if you're into SRE technologies and data management systems, but have experience with other frameworks, please do apply. We value quality engineers, not the tools they've used.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant, and intellectually challenging environment, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile data plan
- Apple gear for your home office and access to the best productivity tools
- Annual summits in awesome locations (as soon as traveling is safe again)
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerAirflow AWS Big Data Cloud-based Data Analysis Docker HR Kafka Kubernetes Machine Learning +5
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Startup environment +1
Data Protection Officer (IT Security & Risk Assurance) RemoteAnalytics Cloud-based Compliance Cross-functional Data protection Interpersonal skills IT security Machine Learning Manufacturing Point of contact +5
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Salary bonus +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs