Senior Platform Engineer - Fintech - Remote Greece
Remote - Athens, Attica, Greece
TymitA card for each step on your financial freedom. Low credit scores can start with Booster Credit Builder. And High credit scores can Pay Later with Tymit Credit card
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 60k€ - 80k€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
💲 Budget for remote home expenses.
📚 Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
🏥 Private health insurance.
👩🏽🤝👩🏻 Referral program.
💳 6 months free-interest for all Tymiteers in our Tymit card.
💻 Budget for your home office set up.
About the role
We're looking for a Platform Engineer, a passionate person with some experience working in a Platform team following a DevOps philosophy. You will help us improve our platform, improving developers' experience, reliability and scalability using a lean approach.
You will work with a techie, multi-disciplinary and lovers team which will give support across the company and integrate with all squads! We need you to help us with very attractive challenges in order to help Tymit to scale to the numbers of users we are aiming for; in reliability, scalability, observability, and security!
We need you to help us with the main task: Apps migrations from clusters technologies (field project AWS ECS!), with the challenges, that this implies on Monitoring/Insights, Configuration, Logging, zero-downtime upgrades, CI/CD, all around this new technology which is being an amazing journey of tech learning and problem-solving.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Deliver and maintain required AWS infrastructure on the Squads following secure good configuration practices using IaC.
- Integrate with engineering teams to cultivate with them and to create full CI/CD Pipelines with the required instrumentation; plus the required Infrastructure to deploy Tymit Microservices stack into our AWS ECS Fargate Clusters.
- As a Senior role you will help to define (SLIs, SLOs, etc.) and implement the observability (metrics, alerts, dashboards, etc..) in collaboration with other teams with business parameters.
- Provide architectural design support to teams in the initial phases of new services, and review any security concerns there may scale from those.
- As guardians of the security in Tymit; you will have to review/tweak/implement AWS services and human access policies in AWS IAM and AWS SSO.
- Due to PCI Compliance requirements (being a regulated company) and as part of the Seniority of the role, you will have to babysit the different vulnerability testing/penetration testing around our Infrastructure + Services and plan contingencies from potential negative results.
- As a Senior role, we expect you to give support and break silos to different teams with different domains (QA, Data Engineers, Backend engineers, Mobile, Data/Analytics, etc.), in order to break the ice on different technologies they could require some help on (i.e. Taurus, Vegeta, AWS Sagemaker, K6, etc.).
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Platform team: Cloud Provider & Clustering (AWS, ECS), IaC (Terraform, Ansible & Packer), Observability (Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd + Opensearch), CI/CD (Jenkins), Network stack (NGINX & Traefik)
At Tymit team we also work with technologies such as Java/Kotlin Quarkus/Micronaut, GraalVM, Gradle, Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, NodeJS, React/Redux/WebPack, Python, among others.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Proven mature experience using IaC technologies using Terraform and following well known best architecture practices and optimal and secured configurations.
- Knowledge and experience as administrator in container deployment architecture, experience with AWS ECS/Fargate will be a big plus!
- Great experience using Containers and build complex ecosystems to help with testing and local dev envs.
- Have a settled experience working with AWS Cloud.
- Skills to know understand the concepts/differences of reverse proxying & load balancer.
- Great and mastered experience working with Pipelines as Code, and deliver those to teams of different natures and purposes (iOS, Android, Web, Backend, Data, etc.)
- You are expected to have experience defining SLO/SLIs and setting up observability systems.
- You have large experience with Linux systems (command line hero!) and development experience or willing to learn about programming languages; we also love coding!
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Fran, Platform team!. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with Fran, Diego or Hector, from our Platform team! Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with two people from our mix of IT team (Cristian, Fran H., Jesus, Luciano or Toni). Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
*Please, take into account that we do not provide Visa sponsorships, and you need to have right to work in the countries where we are located.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerAirflow AWS Big Data Cloud-based Data Analysis Docker HR Kafka Kubernetes Machine Learning +5
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs