Staff Software Engineer, iOS
As a luxury consignment company, we’re constantly innovating to make the experience faster, easier, and more innovative for everyone who wants to consign with us. We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer focused on iOS application development to work in our Buyer team! In this role, you’ll own significant portions of our customer-facing iOS application, as well as internal apps and services. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including APIs, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, mobile UI and UX design, and seamless experiences. You’ll be exposed to the latest technology, a ubiquitous data-driven culture, and a team of dedicated individuals ready to collaborate.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build and maintain features within our iOS applications
- Partner with product and business to create compelling experiences for our buyers
- Serve as a mentor to team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Integrate our iOS apps with service providers like Algolia, Prismic, Segment, etc.
- Collaborate with API and full-stack developers regularly as your team builds end-to-end features
- Collaborate daily with a group of highly experienced, and skillful individuals
- Learn and work within the fashion space
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role, with a least 4+ focused on iOS
- Fluency with Swift and experience writing unit tests / testable code
- Experience with iOS frameworks, including a solid understanding of Auto Layout, Core Data, Core Animation, SwiftUI, etc.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience building interfaces that scale from the smallest iPhone all the way up to iPads
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology and Scrum
- Experience with Elixir or Ruby
- Strong understanding of backend services and architecture
- Familiarity with continuous integration including use of Fastlane
- Experience developing for Accessibility, ADA
- Design experience
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.