Remote - North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
You Will Be Responsible For:
Examples of the administrative responsibilities for the Network Engineer (SME) include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attending planning sessions to understand business and technical requirements.
- Recommending cost-effective, technically feasible network solutions that meet initial capacity requirements, provide long-term scalability, and anticipate future growth and performance needs.
- Adhering to and follow change management policies that facilitate a stable, well-documented network infrastructure that meets organizational requirements. This includes the creation, submission, review, and periodic representation of complex changes in weekly change management meetings.
- Documenting projects, support actions and other administrative artifacts to serve as reference material for fellow engineers and management staff.
- Ensuring incidents and service requests adhere to established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Pursing professional development opportunities through certifications, training, or conferences that enhance both technical and non-technical skillsets relevant to their role within the organization.
- Submitting written and verbal status reports as requested to management staff.
The Technical responsibilities of the Network Engineer (SME) include the design, deployment, and support the sustainment teams with management of the enterprise and facility network infrastructure. Examples of required skillsets and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP network models and provide examples.
- Supporting and maintaining F5 platforms with focus on LTM, ASM and SSLO modules.
- Demonstrating an ability to craft and understand Big-IP, F5 iRules.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of firewalls, IDPs, DLP, NAC, VMWare, Routers, Switches, and other network technologies.
- Design and Support sustainment teams with initial rollouts of new technologies.
- Understanding of BGP, OSPF and LISP routing technologies.
- Demonstrating experience as a Systems Engineer to include network design, documentation, installation, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, workstations, associated software tools, and cabling in a LAN environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting Load Balanced services (SSL Certificate Management, DNS).
- Experience supporting and maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set-up, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation of F5s.
- Experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization.
- Experience working with F5 Service Chain function.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic.
- Knowledge and experience working with Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and associated technologies preferred
- Proven skills in discussing and planning application architecture with cross-functional application, business, technical teams and third-party vendors.
- Should be capable of organizing, tracking and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Technical writing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- B.A or B.S. in a degree such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or 7 years related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with F5 or Citrix platforms or minimum of 3 years of experience with Network Security.
- Experience or desire to learn and work with Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, milCloud and OCI.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- 8570 Compliant / CCNA OS cert
- Must be able to obtain TS security clearance.
The primary responsibility for the Network Engineer SME (Engineering) position is to plan, design, deploy, and continue to support a mission critical project for the Military Health Systems under the Defense Health Administration. Secondary responsibilities for the position include the Design and Architecture of enterprise network infrastructure systems in the areas of Route/Switch, Security, and Load Balancing. Technologies utilized by the Network Engineer SME include: Ruckus 7750/7450/6610, Cisco Catalyst 4500/9300/ 9500, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASR/ISR Routers, Palo Alto Firewall, IDS, IPS, F5 BIP-IP, Citrix Netscaler and Cisco ISE. The position also requires demonstrated competence in LAN/WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, and Software Defined Networking. Last, the Network Engineer (SME) is responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams in relation to the deployment and support of the physical/virtual network infrastructure, which includes technologies such as VMWare, Linux, Windows Server, physical Servers, and enterprise storage arrays.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.