Agile Delivery Lead
Bratislava, Brno, Prague, Remote CEE
BloomreachPowerful content, customer engagement, and product discovery offerings to achieve true personalization and drive unparalleled business growth
Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
- Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
- Content, offering a headless CMS
- Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
What challenge awaits you?
As the Agile Delivery Lead in the Engineering team, you will take care of effective project delivery, coaching and mentoring the team in agile and lean principles and continuously improving our ways of working.
We currently work in 6 weeks cycles. We have around ten engineering teams working on one product; they are collocated around business features and sub-domains of our complex product. Some portions of projects have cross-team dependencies, and therefore they need to be prioritized and planned centrally. So we are looking for someone who will help us with project leadership. That includes dependency management, project planning and coordination from research to release.
At the same time, we are looking for someone who will help us continuously improve in team autonomy, incremental delivery and overall agile ways of working. Someone who will coach and mentor team members, product managers, and engineering managers in agile/lean techniques and methodologies.
Our vision is not to stick with some well-known and well-defined agile methodology but to find the best ways of working that suit our product, our teams and our architecture. So keeping the product, technology, people, and organization structure in sync should help us build an environment for high-performing teams to deliver value in increments and iterations.
Your salary starts from 2200€ per month with stock options and other benefits included. Working in one of our Central Europe offices or from home on a full-time basis.
Your job will be to:
- Working within the team to deliver projects
- Guiding the team on Lean / Agile principles and practices
- Cooperate with the Project Management Office
Working within the team to deliver projects
- Work with the Product Manager and Engineering team during the research and solutioning phase.
- Assist the teams with the project breakdown and prepare project timelines and delivery plans on top of it.
- Facilitate project events, track project progress, manage risks and issues and help the team remove impediments during the project implementation.
- Communicate the possible obstacles or scope changes to relevant people and provide transparency for the entire company.
Guiding the team on Lean / Agile principles and practices
- Help the team understand and implement Lean / Agile principles, which will help them be effective in incremental and iterative delivery.
- Ensure team ways of working are effective; help Team Lead and Engineering Manager to define, track and evaluate reasonable delivery and team performance metrics.
- Guide team in various Lean / Agile techniques, e.g. forming requirements and acceptance criteria, breaking down large tasks, working with estimations, capacity planning, ...
Cooperate with the Project Management Office
- Share best practices and ideas with the PMO (both directions)
- Make sure the engineering team is following the overall delivery strategy.
- Proactively improve our ways of working, identify inefficiencies and come up with possible improvements.
- Help the PMO team to communicate and adapt to changes; Acting as a change agent that increases the productivity of the team.
Your success story will be:
- In 30 days, you will lead your first projects, lead project meetings and help the team deliver the project in agreed scope and quality.
- In 90 days, you will help the team manage their team backlog; track dependencies and progress on projects.
- In 180 days, you will be able to come up with ideas on how to improve the team's ways of working so they will suit the team and help them deliver value into production.
You have the following experience and qualities:
- Professional — experience in Agile / Lean principles and practices in software engineering teams
- Personal — independence, pro-activity and can-do attitude; and fluency in English
- You have experience with Agile / Lean principles and practices in software engineering, ideally from a cross-functional team (mix of software engineers and QA engineers).
- You have experience with project management, delivery plans and risk management.
- Ideally, you should be familiar with at least one of these agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Shape Up, LeSS, SAFe.
- Familiar with Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD principles and tools like Jira and GitLab.
- It would help if you had experience working with remote teams.
- Pro-activity during problem-solving and learning new things and principles.
- Can-do attitude - confident and willing to deal with problems or new tasks.
- Independence and self-organization to navigate you through ambiguous situations.
- Fluency in English and exceptional communication skills for leading your team.
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer.
We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
Our resident communication coach Ivo Večeřa is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs