Security Operations Engineer
Information Security at Addepar is committed to making our organization, products, and services as secure as possible. Security Operations plays an integral role in building and automating the apparatus to detect and respond to adversary threats. Security Operations engineers use a pragmatic, empathetic, and timely approach to build actionable dashboards and alerts. Our mission is to enable Addepar to safely and securely launch new initiatives and services promptly.
As a Security Operations Engineer, you strive to understand the infrastructure technology stack used at Addepar; you aim to identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities proactively. Your focus is forward-facing, building dashboards, metrics, tools, and services that ensure the safety of the Addepar corporate and production infrastructure and its valued client data. You will support the Information Security team and program by participating in the scoping and delivery of tooling, services, and SLAs to ensure they are delivering in line with our team culture and practices.
The Security Operations team works on the following:
- Build, improve and contribute toward Information Security's mission and long-term goals
- Build and improve the Information Security incident response and forensics tooling and processes in partnership with the compliance team
- Build and nurture security intelligence connections to protect client and employee data in partnership with the Product and Application Security team
- Monitor and investigate security events
- Build and improve the security postures in identifying security vulnerabilities
- Act as the technical leader and mentor within Information Security and Engineering teams
- 3+ years of relevant work experience on an internal security team, working on defensive sides of security, security operations center or security engineering
- Possess an in-depth understanding of information security first principles and defense-in-depth techniques
- Experience in building and maintaining tooling and processes in incident response, forensics, intrusion detection, and threat intelligence
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively partner cross-functionally across the company to help influence the culture of security and practices
- Build and analyze data to identify the signal from noise to build high fidelity dashboards and alerts
- Experience in building and deploying security tooling for cloud services, Security Event Information Management, and security monitoring
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.