Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of on-premise and cloud-based systems and related infrastructure. You will participate in technical research and development to drive innovation within the infrastructure and surrounding processes. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring technology and related processes adhere to ISO27001 and other relevant industry frameworks.
What you’ll do:
- Embrace Tanium’s mission and core values.
- Act as member of systems engineering team with a focus on AWS and linux systems
- Perform infrastructure deployment, management, planning, scaling, scheduling, etc
- Drive and enhance automation wherever possible in the name of efficiency, scalability, and consistency
- Work with a variety of key business groups to architect and implement technology
- Embrace kanban as a guiding principle for organizing, prioritizing, and executing work
- Be accountable for ensuring all technology is deployed and configured securely and in alignment with with best practices
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years as a Systems Administrator, Operations Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Engineer or similar required
- 5+ years relevant experience preferred
- Direct, senior-level AWS experience required
- Strong automation and scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell, etc) required
- Familiarity with monitoring and management of enterprise systems running on physical and cloud infrastructure required
- Experience with backups, high availability and overall infrastructure resiliency for cloud technology required
- Ability to estimate and manage cloud usage costs and identify and operationalize cost control mechanisms preferred
- Hands-on GCP, OCI and/or Azure experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with Information Security, GRC, Product Engineering and other teams to drive architectural decisions for cloud and on premise technology
- Strong background in Linux deployment and administration
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform preferred
- Familiarity with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Docker and other container technologies (Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible preferred)
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Functional Analysis of performance and utilization, including spend, of cloud environments
- AWS Certifications a plus, but not required
- Azure Certifications a plus, but not required
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.