Remote / Homebased
WellSky is seeking a VP of Engineering. In this role you will provide hands-on leadership, coaching, and mentoring for full-stack development teams that build and enhance products for our SaaS product line. Ensure we keep the talent bar high and continuously grow the skills and capabilities of the agile teams. Provides technical leadership, insights, and motivation to multiple team, working towards delivering reliable, efficient, high quality software and hardware solutions, writing impeccable software, and delivering features, enhancements, bug fixes and other deliverables on time with required operational efficiency.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Direct and manage product development from design to delivery while providing hands-on technical guidance, mentoring, and leadership in full stack development
- Understand the business value, market strategy, overall architecture, performance, risks, etc., so that you and your team can support the product roadmap (e.g. making recommendations on staffing, hardware, 3rd party software, etc.) with focus on increasing customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members and contractors, promoting accountability for assigned work; mentor team members on career growth and technical skill advancement
- Encourage innovation, outside-the-box thinking, and teamwork; instill a mindset of continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5 or more years of experience as a Director of Engineering leading global teams
- 8+ years of web application or full stack development (.NET C# / NodeJS / Angular.js. Java is also preferred)
- 5+ years of experience working on a SaaS product
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile team
- Expert level software architecture and design pattern knowledge
- Expert level database architecture and data access patterns knowledge
- Proven ability to design, code, edit, and debug computer programs efficiently, including automating tests as appropriate
- Adept at conducting research into architectural and technical issues
- Excels in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.