Social Media Manager
Home based - Worldwide
Canonical Ltd.Canonical publishes Ubuntu, provides commercial services and solutions for Ubuntu, and works with hardware manufacturers, software vendors and public clouds to certify Ubuntu.
What is Canonical
Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has created, putting innovation in the hands of everyone. Our portfolio of solutions are designed to support enterprises to innovate from the data centre to the edge; leading the way in cloud infrastructure, advanced robotics, enabling AI, blockchain, autonomous cars and smart things. We are proud to support the critical infrastructure and operations for thousands of businesses and millions of Ubuntu users around the world including AT&T, Bloomberg, Netflix, Paypal, Sky, Slack, Spotify and Tmobile.
We seek to have a positive impact on the global IT community and support new and innovative development for the companies we work with and the communities in which we work. As a truly global company with more than 800 employees in over 39 countries, and 10 offices we offer a collaborative and open work environment where people are valued for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well.
The marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development. If these things are important to you and you're driven by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you.
We’re on the look out for a brilliant Social Media Manager to join our team and take our communications to the next level. Our social media provides a window between the people who make our products and those who use them. With audiences in the millions, our online communities have the opportunity to talk to us, engage with us, provide feedback and be involved in the world of Ubuntu. From #opensource to coffee on Kubernetes, launch previews to twitter storms over some cool release swag, our marketing team is committed to creating conversations with audiences all over planet earth.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
As a social media manager you will:
- Be responsible for developing and managing social media strategy and advising our community development team.
- Deliver regular reporting and analysis, setting KPIs and driving results
- Identify all the approachable and hottest social and community resources relevant to our target audiences.
- Create, schedule and publish content across multiple social media channels ensuring alignment with the broader marketing, campaigns and editorial plans
- Ensure we’re capitalising on social listening insights, regularly sharing with the team and wider business
- Use your platform knowledge and creative skills to create boundary-pushing, attention-grabbing social content using the latest affordances on each channel.
- Be engaging, funny, responsive and of the moment to create viral and shareable moments.
- Bring all of Canonical’s product offering to life creatively, from bare metal, AI, Kubernetes… to chats on diversity and CSR.
- Calmly and carefully deal with customer and tech issues, if needed ensuring any problems are dealt with deftly and swiftly, including out of hours, as well as providing training and support for our customer experience
- Your daily routine will consist of media planning, copywriting, content management (texts, pictures, videos) and tracking the efficiency
The successful social media manager will have:
- At least three years experience in social specific roles or roles with social responsibilities, ideally where you’ve played a role in delivering integrated campaigns
- You’ll have experience with social management and listening tools, as well as an understanding of tools such as Google Analytics.
- You are both highly creative and meticulously analytical – you know which content works on each channel.
- A confident and creative copywriter, you’ll be adept at crafting posts that develop the brand and its personality, as well as able to transform even the driest of statistics into something fascinating.
- Experience building and delivering advocacy programs with tangible results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong content marketer
- Proven ability to prioritise and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset - someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risks.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs