Frontend Engineer - Fintech - Remote Greece
Remote - Athens, Attica, Greece
TymitA card for each step on your financial freedom. Low credit scores can start with Booster Credit Builder. And High credit scores can Pay Later with Tymit Credit card
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 35,000€ - 50,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, travelling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
💲 Budget for remote home expenses.
📚 Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
🏥 Private health insurance.
👩🏽🤝👩🏻 Referral program
💳 6 months free-interest for all Tymiteers in our Tymit card
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned web front-end engineer to help us on our mission to reinvent the future of credit. We are searching for engineers who place the customer at the center of everything, specifically looking at our service's design and quality.
We are looking for someone excited by working on products in their very early stage, a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of challenging and intriguing challenges.
You will be focusing on our web projects and helping our engineering team design the API and services that power Tymit's business. You will be involved in leveraging new applications and taking a pivotal role during design reviews sessions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and considerate their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
Frontend Engineers at Tymit work by squads in cross-functional teams applying good practices and agile methodologies. Within the team, you will find a constantly evolving team, currently integrated by Jairo, Stefano, Jose, Nikola, and Mateo.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle to maintain and add additional functionalities for our web-apps.
- Demonstrate an architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with the broader Engineering Team to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment, and creating the best possible experience for our customers.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to understand requirements and provide both technical insights and timescale estimations.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure that the UI and UX are market-leading.
- Collaborate with the Product and Data teams to be able to measure and optimize conversion on our websites.
- Be able to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers in technology, process and methodologies.
- Work with the broader engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve the app's design and functionalities.
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Web team: in your day-to-day you will be working on the React ecosystem with TypeScript. We use Redux, Hooks, React Testing Library, Enzyme, Jest, Webpack, Rollup, HTML, SASS, Storybook, Gatsby, CI with Jenkins, and we also develop a Backend-for-frontend based on NodeJS.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Experience in React or any other js framework, creating reusable, functional components.
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience and are able to develop components that look exactly like the design, having in mind cross-browser compatibility.
- Solid background using RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of the Node.js/npm ecosystem.
- It would be nice if you have experience with SEO best practices, and Analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Segment.
- Experience with module bundlers like Webpack or Rollups.
- Nice to have experience working with design systems, and tools like Storybook.
- Being comfortable building processes, culture and organizations to help deliver a best-in-class consumer-facing app.
- Think holistically, and maintain focus on small, intricate details is essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Jairo, our Web Practice Lead. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with Jairo, Web Practice Lead and one of our Frontend engineers (Stefano, Jose, Nikola, Mateo or Andriy). Technical discussion around some questions to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit. Optionally, you can also send us some code that you developed and are proud of, to include it in the discussion.
30 min. video-call with Toni, Contact Points Lead. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
*Please, take into account that we do not provide Visa sponsorships, and you need to have right to work in the countries where we are located.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerAirflow AWS Big Data Cloud-based Data Analysis Docker HR Kafka Kubernetes Machine Learning +5
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Startup environment +1
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs