Senior Customer Success Engineer
Atlanta, GA (Remote)
Senior Customer Success Engineer (Remote)
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our customer success organization. That’s where you come in.
As a Sr. Customer Success Engineer at Pantheon, you get to spend each day leveraging your technical chops combined with your communication skills to significantly bolster, improve and inform our customers’ product experience. You will consult with and educate our customers and as a Senior Engineer, you will coach and guide your teammates as well as adding value to other teams at Pantheon.
The ideal candidate will be resourceful, articulate, have good writing skills, and enjoy working as a team to deliver top-quality solutions to customers.
This position would be remote, ideally on the west coast and supporting customers during US business hours.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
The primary responsibility is to provide technical guidance and platform information to customers. This includes reviewing log files, New Relic data, codebase structure/contents and identifying potential points of failure, as well as areas of improvement.
In addition, you’ll:
- Contribute to documentation
- Assist with testing Pantheon products and tools (i.e. Terminus, Quicksilver)
- Provide CMS expertise to new and existing customer groups.
- Work with our Engineering team to improve platform usability and stability.
- Act as the key liaison between our clients and our internal teams, with the aim of enhancing customer experience so that everyone gets the most out of Pantheon's services.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of Drupal, WordPress, or general web development
- Excellent customer service and strong relationship management skills. You should be a clear and empathetic communicator and a creative problem solver.
- Excellent writing skills
- You are experienced in a customer facing role, working as a consultant or in an agency environment where you worked with clients.
- You have held a senior or lead role
- You have a deep understanding of PHP -- you program & debug PHP
- You are experienced with caching and performance tuning (MySQL and PHP).
- You are skilled in Git.
- You have solid experience using the command line.
Bonus Points For:
- Having Drupal.org and/or WordPress.org profiles
- New Relic Certified Performance Pro
- Being a regular attendee at Drupal Camps and/or WordCamps
- Previous experience doing IT or tech support.
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN, AL)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m)
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2018
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
No Visa Sponsorship available at this time.