Sr Director, Enterprise Data & Reporting
We are seeking an innovative, thoughtful, and accomplished leader to leverage our own products to craft a vision and direction for enterprise data and reporting at Elastic that matches our maturity, our scale, and our culture and execute on that vision.
Collaborating with the VP of Global IT, you will lead the distributed, global team of data architects, data analysts, and data engineers focused on building and leading Elastic’s Enterprise Data Platform (which powers Reporting and Analytics), Data Governance, Master Data Management, and Visualization Tools. Additionally, you will run the integration engineering team critical to the support of our Enterprise Application and Data Architecture.Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the vision, strategy, and execution for enterprise data & integrations, ensuring scalability of systems, processes, and talent.
- Define the data architecture roadmap; design, build, deploy, and manage data architecture across multiple technology platforms.
- Establish and lead all aspects of an enterprise data governance process
- Drive enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality through modifications to policies and standards, processes, applications and data architecture.
- Develop a master data governance approach including global consistency for data definitions, taxonomies, business rules and standards that improve data quality and integration across applications and functions.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets..
- Serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues; collaborate closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets.
- Lead the design and implementation of enterprise data warehouse, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data availability, quality and maintainability.
- Define, refine and maintain ETL and integration principles, standards, and guidance to support analytics, business intelligence and application development needs.
- Proven leadership building data management, data analytics, data science and data engineering capabilities
- 10+ years of experience in database/data warehouse design, data modeling, development and management.
- Experience in driving and leading Data Governance Strategy
- Experience with Massive Parallel Processing (MPP); Google BQ preferred
- Prior experience with ElasticSearch products
- Outstanding discernment with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value to the customer
- Consistent track record of coaching/mentoring individual contributors into more senior roles
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Influencing skills - ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels and across departments
- Experience developing strong business process, best practices, data life-cycles, and standard operating procedures