Data Modeler (Remote)
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Data Modeler (Remote)
FreshBooks is seeking a Data Modeler to join our team. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. If this profile sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Provide ongoing day-to-day support to data analysts and scientists in a growing analytic team
- Guide the company to take a more active role in data collection and reporting
- Establish best practices and checks to improve and monitor data quality
What you'll have:
- Strong understanding of ETL and data warehouse concepts, processes and best practices
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills. This means working and effectively communicating with stakeholders of all levels of data competency.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, in cleaning and scrubbing noisy datasets.
- Experience with BI Tools such as Periscope, Looker or Tableau
- Experience writing data transformation workflows in Python (using Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc) would be a bonus
- Experience working with cloud data warehousing technologies such as AWS Redshift and Google BigQuery
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.