Sr. Product Manager - Vault Ecosystem
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Vault is extensible through backends — auth methods are different ways to authenticate into Vault and secret engines are different ways to generate secrets to access systems. Vault also integrates with runtime systems like Kubernetes, Nomad, Puppet, Chef, and more. This role is dedicated to expanding that ecosystem by continuing to increase these types of integrations, and also pursuing other creative distribution channels. This role sits at the convergence of business strategy, partnership strategy, and product strategy. You will work with Vault practitioners, technology partners, and cloud partners to understand their needs and advance the Vault ecosystem.
In this role you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed ecosystem strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with partnerships efforts and/or large cloud providers
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure, cloud and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1