Director Data & Analytics
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Join OpenClassrooms as the Director of Data and Analytics and help us shape a better world thanks to your ability to structure and transform large and complex data-sets into meaningful insights.
You will articulate and deliver the Company’s data strategy and roadmap in collaboration with Leadership. You will develop clear and well-structured data and analytical plans and produce both high-level and in-depth analyses with appropriate and insightful trend commentary which can be the basis for tangible actions and strategic decisions.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for a central data team of 2 data analysts and one web analyst.
You will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms, partnering across the business’ top management and executives within many departments inc. Sales, Marketing, Education, Student Success, Tech, to ensure data accuracy, and to enhance and automate data and analytics into meaningful insights. This is a unique opportunity to work not just on classic business performance data but also on learning analytics, education research white papers, national and international education datasets. It is a very rewarding and challenging role to help us in our mission to make education accessible and increase our students’ chance of finding a job.
Ready for a thrilling adventure?
The overall responsibilities of the Director of Data and Analytics, are:
- Define and review global KPIs with main stakeholders, formalise and fix definitions, and make them available through Tableau business intelligence software
- Build a global end-to-end data strategy
- Build a needs/ prioritization roadmap process
- Create processes to run deep-dive analysis to better understand our customers behaviors and improve our operational effectiveness
- Automate reporting to stakeholders including management about the company’s key data points and indicators
- Understand the global data architecture in coordination with the engineering and product teams and contribute to its setup and optimisation
- Run and improve the ETLs (on Dataiku) in collaboration with the data team and the automation squad
- Define the data structure (3NF, star-schema) with the automation squad in order to ensure global data consistency
- Setup a process to improve the data flow quality and the different steps (testing on the dataiku design node, production on the dataiku automation one)
- Define the best process and flows structure to get the data from the data-warehouse into Tableau through the ETL
- Handle the Google Analytics structure and analysis
- Setup and manage the Google Marketing Platform integrations
- Handle the Google Tag Manager tool
- Create a better process to implement all the third-party tags through Google Tag Manager
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities; established ability to develop relationships and effectively communicate across functional areas and various levels of management.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills
- Ability to build up the data analysis environment, translating business needs into data analytics requirements and understanding the impact / usage of data for decision making purposes at the business level (overall and team level). Link up data to real life actions that the business can take
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Python and Pandas; SQL; data-warehouse principles
- Advanced knowledge of data flows and technical data structuration. Dataiku experience is a strong advantage.
- Experienced in Tableau Software or similar BI/ data visualisation tool (at least 3 years)
- Understanding of the Salesforce objects structure is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics / Google tag manager and the Google Marketing Platform is a plus
- Experience on advanced data structures (3NF, star-schema …)
- Possess strong business and commercial acumen and the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a track-record of success
DESIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Substantial professional experience in related field
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualification welcome
- Management experience
- Experience at similar sized high-growth International business (200-300 employees) or in similar sector (EdTech) advantageous
- Fluent English and C1 level French
Reports to CFO
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Remote working for employees based in FR or UK
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎