Public Cloud Partner Manager
Home Based - Americas
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu. We help businesses worldwide embrace and operate open source across public cloud, private cloud and edge.
Our Cloud Alliances team drives joint initiatives with global public cloud providers. Ubuntu is the platform of choice for innovation, and our goal is to bring together innovation in the cloud, the operating system, and the open source stack to accelerate adoption and consumption of Ubuntu and cloud offerings together.
This role depends on insight into the global software and public cloud sectors, and the strategy of public cloud leaders. It requires the ability to identify and develop opportunities of mutual interest to Canonical and the clouds. Detailed knowledge of cloud business models, technology, strategy and challenges is essential.
The successful candidate will be a proven technical leader and commercial thinker with a hands-on approach.
The role requires a degree in engineering or science paired with a proven knack for business development and strategic responsibility.
- Understand and represent Canonical’s product portfolio and roadmap
- Identify and close opportunities of mutual interest
- Own roadmap and business development with cloud partners
- Ensure roadmap alignment between Canonical and public clouds
- Identify and define solutions, reference architectures and joint offerings
- Lead go-to-market for solutions and reference architectures
- Support field sales and channel groups to drive business together
- Ability to represent Canonical to senior executives at cloud providers
- Ability to spearhead strategic initiatives
- Expert commercial thinker and influencer
- Technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Business and commercial interests with a relevant degree
- Ability to conceptualize new business models
- Consultative selling and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accommodate extensive international travel