Senior Product Manager, Data
United States, Remote
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As our first Product Manager for Data, you will play a key factor in driving Pinwheel’s next stage of growth. More concretely, you will be responsible for:
- Applying data science techniques, data engineering processes, and market experimentation tests to deliver customized product experiences.
- Leveraging the prowess of data warehousing and visualization to inform product strategy.
- Developing data pipelines and warehousing strategies that prepare data collected from a product for robust analysis.
- Learning techniques to evaluate data from live products, including how to design and execute various A/B and multivariate tests to shape the next iteration of a product.
- Evaluating the output captured in statistical analyses and translating them into insights to inform product decisions.
- Owning key product metrics including data quality, prevalence, and conversion rates.
- Working closely with data science to design and develop cross-platform models for productization.
What qualifications are necessary?
- 5+ years of experience in data and/or product fields.
- Data engineering experience (ETL technologies, batch and streaming data).
- Familiarity with business intelligence tooling and methods.
- Familiarity with data science and modeling techniques (both model design and deployment), ideally within AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across product, engineering, and data organizations.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.
Other jobs like this
Data EngineerAgile Airflow Analytics AWS Bitbucket Cybersecurity Cyber Security Data Analysis Data-driven ELT +14
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Insurance
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Security Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Product Owner jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Analytics-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs