Full Stack Engineer, Developer Products
San Francisco, Remote NA, Seattle
When a developer integrates Stripe, they should feel empowered to build exactly what they need how they need. Nothing should be out of their reach. Our developer users have the highest expectations of Stripe. The Developer Products team builds products that provide an industry-leading developer experience and integration journey with Stripe.
Our products need to work at Stripe's scale and span a wide breadth of technical areas, such as code generation (client libraries), real-time streaming (Stripe CLI webhooks and logs), monitoring and analytics (developer dashboard), and more (platform-level searching, testing experience, etc).
You'd work on developer products that allow Stripe developers to build and scale their businesses, and ensure our products (like Terminal, Billing, and Connect) operate well together. Developers should be able see and debug API requests from the Stripe Dashboard, start using webhook events in minutes with our CLI, and introduce Stripe tools to more parts of their development lifecycle and toolchain.
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for great developer experiences, products, tools and are comfortable hopping between different stacks (from React, to Ruby, to Go, to Java). You should feel comfortable taking ambiguous problems statements and turning them into concrete, shippable products.
- Build new products and tools (like the Stripe CLI) that improve Stripe's developer experience
- Add new features to existing products, continuing to keep our developer experience first-in-class
- Influence the direction of our developer products by gathering insights and feedback from our developer community
- Work across different products, tech stacks, and programming languages
- Turn ambiguous problems that our developer users are facing into concrete products, from proposal, to kick-off, to building, and launch
You may be a fit for this role if:
- Have 5+ years of experience in engineering across a wide range of products
- Have experience working with APIs, developer products, and developer tools
- Are comfortable jumping across different tech stacks, platforms, and languages
- Have experience leading large cross-team projects while balancing input from many stakeholders
- Can build an MVP to ship to users and quickly turn around to scale it to thousands of requests per second or to handle terabytes of data