Technical Account Manager (Fed DoD Region 1)
Remote - US
Field Technical Account Manager (TAM)
At Tanium, our Field Technical Account Manager (TAM) fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by understanding the Tanium value proposition. TAMs collaborate with their manager and other senior team members to build and take ownership of the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, developers, enterprise services, and sales, TAMs contribute to each customer’s success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field through leveraging the best practices to operationalize Tanium and lead technical sales opportunities for their assigned accounts.
What you’ll do:
Manage customer accounts by:
- Solving customer support cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Assisting others with their assigned customers
- Improving the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing, troubleshooting, and technical pre-sales aspects of the area.
- Leading training sessions
- Mentoring other TAMs
- Participating in the interview process
- Developing new capabilities on the Tanium platform with a high level of autonomy
Driving sales results by:
- Leading technical pre-sales opportunities
- Participating in marketing events
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- Three to ten years in the industry with solid technical skills in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
- Prior experience and breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers and internal teams.
- Has experience managing customers and is able to lead pre-sales opportunities.
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules.
- Critical thinking and problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others.
- Proficient at enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; weighs the cost and value in order to take the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium and the mission with little direction.
- Independent; can work on most complex problems; should be able to complete tasks that are not well documented with limited assistance; participate in projects specific to their current skills only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Influencing; demonstrate strong influence skills, working effectively with the team and customers to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies.
Good to Have:
- Hands-on Tanium experience
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.)
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- 8140.1 training/8570 certification may be required
- Prior military service in a related field (e.g. Navy Cryptologic Technician - Networks, USAF 3D or 1B, Army 17C or 35Q, 25D, etc.) a plus
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/