(Remote)Customer Support and Education Manager
Remote - Palo Alto, California, United States
Universal Tennis is on a mission to make tennis better for everyone by giving people the tools to understand their skill level and find fun, competitive tennis wherever they are. UTR is creating tools for tennis players, organizers and clubs to facilitate level-based play to get more people out on the court!
The UTR Powered by Oracle rating system is the premier global tennis rating system which measures all players (men & women, all ages, all locations) across a 16-point scale, and we are building a dynamic community of players and clubs on MyUTR.com to help you find and organize tennis wherever you are.
Today, UTR Powered by Oracle is the official rating of Tennis Channel, the ITA (the Intercollegiate Tennis Association), WTT (World TeamTennis), PTR (the Professional Tennis Registry), USPTA (the United States Professional Tennis Association), Orange Coach, Les Petits As, and many more.
UTR Powered by Oracle continues to grow in partnerships, offerings, and users, resulting in the need for an awesome Customer Support and Education Manager.
Working at Universal Tennis:
Universal Tennis is a fast-paced, mostly-remote tech startup based out of Palo Alto, CA. We use Slack and video calls to keep close with our teams but totally understand the value of putting your head down, headphones on, and cranking out amazing results. Most of us have Tennis Channel on in the background all day and we take the time to have fun and celebrate success.
The Customer Support and Education Manager is responsible for delivering top-tier service to all users at MyUTR.com. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be a friendly, tech-savvy teacher, fixer, and amazing written communicator.
Writing skills are key here. You’ll need to be one of the best-written communicators you know. If you haven’t been called both eloquent and succinct, this might not be the right fit for you. Why? Because all of our customer communication is text-based (chat and email) and having a great interaction is highly dependent on your product knowledge (which we’ll teach) and your writing skills (which you must bring).
If you’re task-driven and love solving problems for customers, you’ve found the right fit. If you have some previous startup experience, even better. Our business and processes are incredibly agile and we expect you to be, as well.
This is full-time a remote position, contract to hire.
A Day in the Job:
Imagine three windows on your company-provided MacBook Pro: Tickets, Chat, and Slack. Responding to customer chats is priority #1. No chats? We’ve got email questions! Have a tough time with that customer concern? You’ve got a great, learning-centric team working (virtually) alongside you that can help you through. And because we know you’ve got a ton to contribute, you’ll have projects set for you each week that could range from updating articles on our support site to testing soon-to-be-released product features. Your impact on the company and the customer are immense.
- Utilize customer support platform to respond to customer inquiries in a fast, efficient, and kind manner
- Solve customer questions through live-chat
- Be cool under pressure and know your resources
- Create promoters of UTR through positive and complete support interactions
- Ensure that all support inquiries are properly categorized, assigned, and resolved
- Be a product expert - know the UTR product from back to front as an expert resource for customers
- Own a category on our support site - support.myutr.com - and keep it up to date with product releases
- Stay abreast of new technology and troubleshooting methodology for all common platforms and browsers
- Update and maintain canned responses and customer solutions in lockstep with an ever-evolving technology platform
- Work independently and alongside other support team members
- Identify, document, and test customer-reported bugs
- Know the right solution for the customer and the company. It’s in your DNA to know how to “make it right”.
- Additional duties as necessary
For this next hire, we’re looking for someone who’s very comfortable helping our users clean up their data. This means responding to user requests to merge their profiles and accounts to ensure that their UTR is accurate and they have an exceptional experience on our site. You’ll live in our back-end systems, analyzing requests and following up with the customer to ensure the best outcome possible. These systems are technical but have a friendly interface for you to navigate. This role will be required to work a schedule that includes Saturday and Sunday.
We’d love if you:
Are familiar with ticketing systems and chat systems (like Freshdesk)
Don’t mind playing detective to help solve the customer issue faster
Have a strong understanding of tennis scoring
Are profoundly positive and rarely discouraged
Balance a sense of urgency with knowing the importance of accuracy