Software Engineer, Compute Team
Software engineers on the compute team serve a vital role in our Influxdb Cloud 2.0 platform through the development and maintenance of service infrastructure and tools to improve performance, observability and availability. As a member of this team, you will have opportunities to apply your skills to create value across the entire engineering organization. The team's goal is to create value internally for all influx engineers, as well as externally for end users, by designing robust platforms for executing a variety of data storage and retrieval workloads.
What you'll be doing
- Backend API development to support the Influx UI as well as third-party clients
- Data engineering to support user-interface features
- Design scalable distributed execution platforms
- Ensure that users' workloads are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Establish and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams
- Work independently but collaboratively on a tight knit distributed team focused on delivering high quality results.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Self motivation and a drive to get to “done”.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an established systems programming language (e.g. Java, C/C++, Go, Rust)
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working with distributed development teams.
- Go programming experience
- Prior professional engineering experience building and shipping multi-tenant software with a SaaS delivery model.
- Experience with developing in-house ETL pipelines
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.Interview Information: All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.