Senior FullStack Engineer - Digital
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Who we are:We develop our product across a number of teams based in San Francisco, Vancouver and New York each with a particular product feature focus area. From collecting data through analytics.js, to building powerful tools for data governance, to implementing algorithms that can handle complex billing scenarios at scale, to visualizing our customers’ data flow through our pipelines, to making complex implementations manageable for our large enterprise customers, to optimizing demo and sign up conversion rates, our product teams are focused on creating fantastic user experiences. We're looking for talented engineers that are passionate about building world-class experiences that delight our customers.
What we do:
- We build customer-facing web experiences using Gatsby, React, TypeScript, Contentful, our own front-end boilerplate, and our upcoming Design System
- We experiment and analyze our lead flows on segment.com using Optimizely, Looker, Mode, and Amplitude
- We deploy our code multiple times per day using Buildkite, Docker, Terraform, and ECS
- While we are a fun, passionate, and agile team, we take our systems very seriously and strive to build a performant, reliable, and supremely high quality web experience that engages/informs prospects and excites customers
Who we're looking for:You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You're proud of the code you write, but you're also pragmatic
- You know when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship
- You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line
- You're empathetic, patient, and love to help your teammates grow
- You have experience with growth marketing and building out digital self-serve funnels on a corporate website and understand the full path of customer acquisition as well as the tools that operate within Marketing Ops and Sales. You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking while also ensuring the User Experience is pixel perfect.
Projects You Could Work On:
- We’re restructuring our technical stack to be as optimized, efficient, and secure as possible with a fresh design system, modern component libraries, and fine tuned test automations
- We’re increasing conversion rates for demos and sign ups via experimentation and analysis
- We’re empowering ourselves with the ability to personalize experiences for customers using our Personas Profile API
- You have expertise in React + Gatsby and/or a general HTML boilerplate
- You can self-serve metrics using SQL queries
- You have knowledge of experimentation, personalization, and conversion rate optimization on an enterprise level b2b company’s website
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in engineering or some cool projects on GitHub you think we'll love to check out
- You provide a good understanding of the complexities involved in writing design systems, test automations, and launching stable/secure code
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- You value teamwork and agree with the statement that “a team is a group of people who own each others’ decisions”