Support Engineer Role
At Tanium, our Support Engineer fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by resolving technical issues and answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support Engineers work both reactively and proactively to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium. This role will report to a Support Manager.
As a Support Engineer, you’ll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from scripting to debugging.
What you’ll do:
Assisting customers by:
- Triaging inbound support cases
- Solving customer support cases
- Working with other Support Engineers to assist with their assigned cases
- Answering customer questions in the Tanium community site
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing and troubleshooting aspects of the area
- Testing Tanium and providing feedback to the Engineering teams on how we can improve the overall customer experience
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- 0-5 years into their career field with solid technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules.
- d problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others.
- Aptitude for comprehending complex troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
Good to Have:
- Prior experience and breadth of knowledge needed to support customers
- Hands-on Tanium experience.
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.).
- For Federal Roles only:
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- 8140.1 training/8570 certification may be required
- Prior military service in a related field (e.g. Navy Cryptologic Technician - Networks, USAF 3D or 1B, Army 17C or 35Q, 25D, etc.) a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/