Data Manager, OMO
Our Instacart Operations team is seeking a Data Manager for the Operations Management Office team.
About our Operations Management Office team: The Intacart’s Operations Management Office serves as the glue across all Operations teams and the bridge to partner teams. The OMO is charged with invigorating the Operations brand through clear communication and coordination. The OMO coordinates projects across pillars as well as setting best practices and sharing results. The OMO facilitates optimizing and streamlining decision-making and reporting. The OMO solves for resource allocation needs and will be able to centralize any requests across the Operations function.
Highlights: Build a new function of the Operations organization while recruiting and developing a team of influential leaders. Showcase and champion the Operations team across the company while also serving as chief project manager across cross-functional and cross-Operations initiatives.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will lead the management of Operations metrics and KPIs, ensuring all Operations teams and pillars are aligned and supported.
- You will report out on a regular cadence on key Operations metrics, surfacing insights and impactful data.
- You will ensure data quality across Operations teams; coaching teams and setting best practices on analysis.
- You will manage and develop analysts to being bar-raising data wizards.
- You will coordinate and collaborate across multiple teams outside of Operations.
- You will manage OKR setting and track progress or roadblocks on those OKRs regularly.
- You will optimize team processes, assist in project effectiveness work, and manage team reporting.
- You will be a strategic thought partner for teams across the company as an expert in the operations of our business.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of operational and project management experience, including comprehensive experience collaborating across business units
- Track record of success navigating complex matrix organizations
- A solid level of business acumen and ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Confidence in navigating complex organizations and influencing stakeholders across business units
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Clear communication skills and executive presence
- Strong analytical skills (SQL preferred)
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.