Manager, Business Intelligence (Remote Option)
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to join our Data Insights team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
Our Data Insights team is focused on stewarding a scientific culture that makes better decisions and learns from experience. You will be working alongside the Director of Data Insights to help leaders across departments develop and deploy data-driven insights in real time, with a mission of making data easy at Clio. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator, a thought leader, and someone with the passion and vision to build the discipline of Business Intelligence from the ground up. We’re looking for someone who is:
- A leader passionate about building a human and high-performing team;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Passionate about approaching things empirically;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
What you’ll be doing
- Building the Discipline of Business Intelligence: Defining our mission, vision, and strategy for Business Intelligence at Clio;
- Project Scoping and Management: Managing projects by gathering requirements (e.g. for data availability and usability, dashboarding and reports, and KPIs and operational metrics), managing timelines and roadmaps, and coordinating activities with other involved team members;
- Building Out a Team: This is a new team, and needs to grow to meet the needs of the business;
- Data Enablement: Enabling Clions to answer operational business questions and self-serve data insights through our business intelligence tools. This includes training programs, documentation, support, and building out our business intelligence tools with best practices;
- Building Usable, Insightful Dashboards: Scoping, building, and deploying insightful dashboards and reports around the organization that Clions love and help our business thrive.
What you should have
- 3+ years of applied experience in business intelligence analysis;
- Intermediate applied knowledge of SQL and database architecture;
- Familiarity with scalable data infrastructure and data governance concepts;
- Experience building data models and transforming large datasets into meaningful insights;
- Experience leading and building a team;
- Experience working with stakeholders to define and execute on high-impact projects;
- Passionate about effective and intuitive data visualization;
- Deeply data-driven mindset, analytical, and curious;
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented;
- Passionate about building data-driven organizations and having an impact on the business.
Serious bonus points if you
- Are an expert user of Looker (Clio’s business intelligence tool) or other cloud business intelligence tools;
- Have experience working with Redshift or other cloud data warehouses;
- Have applied experience in programming languages.
Where your team works
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers