Remote - US
GitHubGitHub is where over 73 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
The IT Engineering team at GitHub is growing! Your customers are GitHub's global workforce - end users throughout the company who rely on our systems every day. Our customers look to us not only for support, but also to keep the systems they depend on up and running, enabling them to do their best work with the least amount of friction.
We're looking for an IT Site Reliability Engineer that will primarily be focused on client platform engineering. If you are skilled at writing code to perform configuration management and are confident in your ability to securely manage thousands of globally distributed endpoints (macOS, Windows, some Linux) then this is the role for you!
Please note that this role will require a candidate that is proficient with infrastructure as code and has a strong background in endpoint management at scale.
If all of the above sounds good to you so far, please read on to learn more about the responsibilities and expectations for the role!
- Partnering with the Security organization on creating, managing, and maintaining policies, configuration profiles, and security baselines for all of GitHub’s corporate endpoints (e.g., macOS, Windows, iPadOS, Linux)
- Being the Directly Responsible Individual for the patch management of GitHub’s global fleet of endpoints
- Creating and maintaining applications and services to automate processes for the IT organization
- Identifying opportunities for automation - driving development and implementation in partnership with a project manager and stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Integration, implementation, operation, and support of enterprise-wide applications and services
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future end user needs
- Effectively communicating technical information to internal customers and stakeholders in a friendly and easy to understand manner
- Significant experience with managing macOS and Windows endpoints at a global scale (bonus points for Linux) using tools such as Jamf, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (formerly known as Intune), Chef, Munki, or Puppet.
- Strong understanding and experience with version control (Git and GitHub) and infrastructure as code
- Strong documentation skills with an eagerness to teach others
- A passion for helping others and working directly with people
- Experience in a distributed company
- Experience providing technical support to users (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility Management solutions for macOS and Windows
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $90,700 to maximum $192,400 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Other jobs like this
Data Analyst, Transportation Cloud ServicesAgile Analytics Android APIs Big Data BigQuery Data Analysis iOS Looker Mobile +5
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation +8
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs